Pagine

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Crossroads ...

When I left Sicily and my loved hometown Catania, moving to Milan, I considered that city as the ancient Greeks might consider the Pillars of Hercules.

I learned that limits are quite seldom physical but rather mental and north, south, east and west, are most of the time useless references who make sense only for getting the right geographical direction.

In a world where people fear diversity, I've realized that I was very fortunate to meeting wonderful human being, who were so different in terms of culture and background than me. No better no worse just different.

It was a privilege listening at them, trying to understand their point of view and sometime facing the challenges to remove the bias from my mind.

These people taught me so much and now it's time to share by blogging this wonderful experience.

As I wrote in my Italian blog, our life is so short let's try to leave a better world behind us ...


(Cape of Good Hope South Africa - February 2005)

No comments: