Pagine

Monday, January 5, 2009

Tribute to Giuseppe Fava ...

I have already devoted a post to the disappearance of Giuseppe Fava in my Italian blog. Today is the 25th anniversary of his assassination, and I would mirror the thinking of his son Claudio.

THE MEMORY
January 5 after 25 years

by Claudio Fava

I weigh confess: Twenty-five years later the murder of my father as I have the suspicion and anger that he had written too many times for the same piece. In which, in essence, it always says that the memory should not be liturgy, that our dead have not died in vain and that evil would do to lower our guard, because the Mafia is a nasty beast especially when it does not need d ' kill. Here, things like this: all sacrosanct. Only now that I tired. Perhaps because in a few years I will have the age that my father had when he was killed and when I feel the risk that he remains the only collection of small papers, gentle things, a way of thinking. Perhaps because I have forgotten the sound of her laughter, and some skies, some flavors that belonged only to us, and are also finished in the meat grinder of time, mixed with honest public thoughts, with the politically correct considerations without that there was never granted a smudges or a curse.

So today I like to think of the living, not the dead. At a time that is not spent in vain and that but I think equally wasted. In short, or not know that in cities that do not kill my father were able even to publish the obituary on his death because the word mafia could not and should not mentioned? Do you know whether or not the publisher of the newspaper that prevented the obituary, Mario Ciancio, is still in its place, honored master of his newspaper and one hundred other newspapers? Do you know whether or not that is not one of the policemen, judges, journalists and ministers who protected Nitto Santapaola, namely the murderess of my father, he never paid the price?

Who moved sympathetically, who accompanied the board, who asked to teach at his wisdom ... "Todos caballeros", despite a quarter-century, their names have been offered to slash the story.

Do you know whether or not the letter of the Santapaola family, father and children inmates at 41bis (special laws for fighting mafia), are now published on the newspaper impunity of their city in order to understand who is to understand who commands still there?

Have you noticed, after a quarter-century of formal words, which in this country of anti-mafia no longer fucks almost nothing?

That my former party in parliament has sent our friends in the Mafia who then spend all else for Jacobins?

These and a hundred other things are now known by heart. But when we remember our dead, we put them simply in our pocket. So, if you let me keep in your pocket too, what I have inside today, thinking about my father killed by the Mafia in an infamous evening of twenty-five years ago.


Giuseppe Fava source: Fondazione Giuseppe Fava

No comments: